This Vegan Hot Chocolate is pure comfort food on a cold winter day. Easy and quick to make so you can enjoy it in no time!
My Vegan Coconut Whipped Cream goes perfectly with this recipe.
Tomorrow is Christmas! One thing that has really put me into the holiday spirit is making festive drinks (or food) with my family. If you’re needing some Christmas cheer, then I highly recommend making this hot chocolate.
This drink is super easy to make, barely takes much time, and is SO much better making it yourself. It’s a lot richer and obviously more delicious, so you need to make this.
- plant-based milk: almond
- chocolate chips
- coconut sugar
- cocoa powder
- salt: adds extra richness to the chocolate. I used sea salt
- extract: I used vanilla
How to make vegan hot chocolate:
- Add every ingredient except vanilla into a saucepan. Stir.
- Cook over medium heat on a stove. Stir often.
- Remove saucepan from the stove.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Pour into a cup.
- Adding salt is optional, but highly recommended, as it makes the chocolate flavor much richer.
- Make sure to add the vanilla last. If you don’t, the vanilla flavor may evaporate while cooking.
Vegan Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups nut milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and sugar.
- Whisk together.
- Heat up over medium heat until the chocolate is melted. Stir often.
- Remove from heat. Stir in salt and vanilla.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream.