This Dalgona Coffee is a delicious drink with a base of milk, topped with smooth coffee foam! This highly popular Korean drink can be served hot or cold!
Originating in the Indian subcontinent, Dalgona coffee became very popular in South Korea after an actor presented it on TV. This drink is currently very popular, and for good reason! Served hot or cold, the coffee is very simple, made with only 3 ingredients!
What is dalgona?
Dalgona is the name of a Korean honeycomb toffee that was a popular street food in the 70s to 80s. You can make this and sprinkle chunks of it on top of your coffee!
- instant coffee
- sugar (granulated, coconut, etc.)
- milk of your choice
- Mix the instant coffee, sugar, and water together in a medium-sized bowl until peaks form.
- In a cup or mug, fill two-thirds of the cup with cold or hot milk. I used almond milk.
- Fill the rest of the cup with the coffee foam.
- Sprinkle over cinnamon or crushed Dalgona on top or serve as is.
If you make this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me @deliciouslymadefromplants!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar granulated, coconut, ect.
- 1 1/2 cup milk of your choice
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the instant coffee, water, and sugar with a whisk or electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Fill two-thirds of your cup with hot or cold milk, and fill the rest with the coffee foam.
- Optionally, you can top with cinnamon, if not, serve as is.