Learn how to make the best oatmeal. This recipe will help you turn oats into a creamy and delicious breakfast!
One of my favorite breakfasts to make is oatmeal! It is easy to make and only needs a few ingredients. To keep it vegan, I use almond milk but you can use any nut milk you like. Plus, you can top it with anything, so you never get bored with the flavors!
- old-fashioned oats
- almond milk
- coconut oil
- toppings of your choice
- Put the oats, milk, water, coconut oil, and salt into a pot and place it on the stove.
- Mix, and cook until creamy.
- Transfer oatmeal into a bowl and add your toppings.
- fresh fruit
- chopped nuts
- shredded coconut
- sunflower seeds
- maple syrup
- chopped chocolate
- peanut butter
- almond butter
Is it better to make oatmeal with milk or water?
Adding both is better than just one! For oatmeal, the ratio is 1:2, so for 1 cup of oats, add 2 cups liquid. I added 1 cup of water and 1 cup of milk, and it made it super creamy and delicious!
If you make this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me @deliciouslymadefromplants!
How to Make the Best Oatmeal
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pour water and milk into a medium-sized pot.
- Add oatmeal, coconut oil, and salt, and stir in.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Once done, stir the oatmeal really well and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Pour oatmeal into a bowl and serve with fruits or other toppings.