This Vegan Cheesy Roasted Broccoli is the perfect snack! The nutritional yeast gives an amazing cheesy flavor, even though it’s 100% vegan!
If you need a quick and easy side dish, roasted broccoli is just perfect! This is by far my favorite way to cook this vegetable. Nutritional yeast adds a cheesy flavor, almost as if you used Parmesan cheese. It’s the perfect snack or side for dinner, only taking around 20 minutes!
- nutritional yeast
- olive oil
- black pepper
- Italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Cut the broccoli into florets, and rinse them.
- Drizzle olive oil and nutritional yeast over the broccoli and toss to evenly coat.
- Mix salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning and sprinkle over broccoli.
- Spread them on a pan and sprinkle on more nutritional yeast.
- Cook in the oven for ~25 minutes, tossing halfway.
Is roasted broccoli healthy?
Yes! The broccoli has folate, vitamin C, K, and A, calcium, iron, and other minerals and vitamins. The nutritional yeast contains vitamins, antioxidants, protein, and minerals.
If you make this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me @deliciouslymadefromplants!
Vegan Cheesy Roasted Broccoli
- 1 broccoli head
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut the broccoli head into florets and rinse in a strainer.
- Put the broccoli in a large bowl.
- Mix salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Drizzle over olive oil, seasoning, and 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast over the broccoli.
- Toss to coat the broccoli evenly.
- Spread on a pan with parchment paper and sprinkle on 1 teaspoon of nutritional yeast.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes and toss halfway through. Cook for 5 more minutes if needed.