This Vegan Banana Bread is perfect for breakfast or as a snack. It’s super easy and absolutely delicious!
I’ve been working on a vegan banana bread recipe for a while now, and I’ve finally created it! It’s moist, flavorful, and you would never guess there’s no dairy or egg in it! I enjoy this banana bread with chopped nuts, but you can put any kind of dried fruit or even chocolate chips in.
- overripe bananas
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- vegetable oil
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray a loaf pan with oil and line with parchment paper.
- Mash bananas in a bowl and add the brown sugar, vegetable oil, sugar, and vanilla extract, then mix.
- In a separate bowl, put in the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, and mix. Mix in the walnuts.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold until well combined.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan.
- Spread the batter evenly across the pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until when you poke a toothpick in it, nothing sticks.
- Let it cool completely.
To keep your banana bread moist and prevent it from drying, wrap it in plastic wrap or place in a container with a lid. You can store it at room temperature. You can also freeze it in a freezer-safe container or bag.
If you make this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me @deliciouslymadefromplants!
Vegan Banana Bread
- 4 small overripe bananas
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray olive oil on a loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Add brown sugar, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Then, mix in the walnuts.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold thoroughly.
- Transfer batter to the loaf pan and spread evenly across.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before serving.