Using just a few ingredients, you can make this super easy Vegan Hummus! It’s a perfect and healthy dip for crackers, apple slices, or as a spread on toast!
Hummus is great as a dip or a spread, and it’s so easy to make! My entire family loves it! Chickpeas (aka Garbonzo beans) are definitely one of my favorite beans! You can add them to salads, pasta, or curry but also turn into an appetizer. This hummus is perfect as a spread in wraps!
- garlic cloves
- olive oil
- ground cumin
- lemon juice
How to make hummus?
- Blend everything together in a food processor.
- Add water if the hummus is too thick.
What is hummus made out of?
Mainly chickpeas, tahini, garlic, and olive oil.
What is traditionally served with hummus?
Traditionally, it is served with pita bread or raw onion slices.
Is hummus healthier than peanut butter?
Hummus generally has 70 calories per 2 tablespoons while peanut butter has 180 per 2 tablespoons. Hummus also has no cholesterol.
If you make this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me @deliciouslymadefromplants!
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- Using a food processor, blend everything together.
- If the hummus is too thick, add water to make it creamier.
- Enjoy with pita bread, raw onion slices, or on toast!