This Vegan Mushroom Pasta with hummus is the perfect meal as a lunch or even as dinner! And with hummus as the sauce, it adds a nutty taste from the tahini!
I love making this pasta! I am a HUGE fan of mushrooms and hummus, so this is a win-win for me! I love this pasta because it’s so easy to make and super filling. I like making this pasta for my whole family for lunch.
- olive oil
- garlic cloves
- penne noodles
- Italian seasoning
- black pepper
How to make vegan mushroom pasta?
- Boil the pasta in a pot of boiling water.
- On a pan, cook the onion, grated cauliflower, garlic cloves, mushrooms, and add spices.
- Once everything is done, place noodles in a bowl, and mix in hummus.
- Then, add the cooked vegetables on top of the noodles.
What type of pasta is vegan?
Generally, packaged pasta will be vegan. Always be sure to check the ingredients, however, as sometimes eggs might be used in “fresh” pasta.
Do vegans eat pasta?
Absolutely! As I said earlier, most packaged pasta is vegan, so pasta is definitely part of a plant-based lifestyle!
What is vegan pasta made from?
Vegan pasta is generally made from wheat flour, salt, and water.
If you make this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me @deliciouslymadefromplants!
Vegan Mushroom Pasta
- 2 cups penne noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup of grated cauliflower
- 4 mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup hummus
- On a stovetop, boil water for the noodles.
- Once the water is done boiling, add the noodles.
- Meanwhile, heat up oil in a skillet. Cook the onion until almost translucent. Add grated cauliflower, and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain pasta, then stir in hummus.
- Add the cooked vegetables and stir in.